Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Blog Name

Okay so to first explain why I chose to name my blog abstinenceinthecountry. It basically originated from the name for the hugely popular tv show Sex and the City. A couple of weeks ago at lunch me and a close friend of mine, who also has a baby, decided that on a Saturday when our husbands were out of town we would take our babies to the farmer's market. My friend's mother was also there and said that it should be a fun time for all four of us. I replied with a comment that it would be alot less Sex and the City and way more like No Sex in the Country. To further explain, my friend and I are both stay at home moms and we often daydream back to the days of wineries and day spas that we traded for poopy diapers and sippy cups. Although we would not trade our lives for anything else in the world we want to know if there is a place where Boppy's and Bumbo's fit in with Cosmopolitans and Jimmy Choo's. On a second note, everyone seems to think this is a crazy idea but do you think anyone would go to a business where you could get a mani & a pedi with a cocktail or a non-alchoholic drink while your child is being cared for by a nanny in the back and you could watch your child on a monitor while being pampered? There is probably way too much of a liability if people drank and drove babies home, so in that case what about a voluntary taxi service working off of tips only? Just a thought....... : )

4 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Love it! So glad you're blogging. Will have to add your link to my page.

Great idea - but ya drinking while caring for the babies, probably not so good. I have a $30 gift certificate my neighbors gave me to go to a spa. I can't wait to use it!

Matheson Family said...

IF you hear of a place with a nanny service while getting pampered, I am ALL there. Welcome to the blogspot. You'll have to check ours out too.

Stitcher S said...

Welcome to the land of blogging!

I don't know about that pampered thing, anyway, unless it's your bag. I don't see how it would be relaxing either way if you had to watch the baby on a monitor, even with someone else 'in charge'. Let daddy watch 'em, or some relative. :)

Then you can really relax! And yes, take a cab.

sassafrassgiraffe said...

I would be all over such a place... particularly if we could get a Beach Bomber while getting french pedicures!