Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Neuroblastoma

A friend that I met at a breastfeeding mom's group when I first had Hannah found out when her baby was 5 months old that her daughter had Neuroblastoma, a rare childhood cancer. She has kept us updated on her daughter's progress through a caring bridge website. Her daughter is doing well now despite being given a 20% chance of making it to 3 years old. Through Rady Children's Hospital in SD she became friends with a little boy named Max who was fighting the same horrible disease. He succumbed to the disease a few days ago on August 29th. With it being pediatric cancer month for the month of Sept. I encourage anyone who can to please donate. You can go to this site http://magicwater5milewalk.ning.com/ . Also if you are interested in seeing or reading about Max's battle, a photographer chronicled Max's battle with cancer to help raise awareness about what families go through that are batting this horrific disease. It is http://mashedpotatoesforbreakfast.blogspot.com/ I literally cried for an hour straight. We are soo lucky to have a healthy daughter. I thank God everyday.

3 comments:

Chiloe said...

I knew I shouldn't go there ... I ruined my day like always when I see these kind of images ... This is so scary. Daily I try not to think too much about it but it's hard not to ... when your son has been through it ....

Windy said...

Chiloe,
I cannot imagine what you and your family have went through. I am so happy that your son is healthy now and I certainly pray he continues on that path. Thanks for your comments I really appreciate you being so honest and open about your life experience.
Windy.

Stitcher S said...

My heart goes out to them.