Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Grandpa


My Grandpa's health has been deteriorating for awhile now and most recently he has been moved to a very nice nursing facility in Fullerton. Since he moved there he has come down with a couple infections. I have been occupied a lot with thoughts of him on my mind and I wanted to ask my "readers" to please say a prayer for him and his health. I can think of the last time I showed up at my grandparents house just a couple of weeks ago and he said to Hannah & I, "Oh look, the two beautiful girls are here". Even feeling run down with no make up on and my hair disheveled (mom syndrome) he was able to make me feel so beautiful in that moment. It is these moments I will hang on to for many years to come. It is so weird to think of how fast life passes us by and that it will not be very long before even myself and Ryan are the age of my grandparents. I can only hope we have loving and supportive family around us like he has.

2 comments:

Stitcher S said...

Thanks for the very nice post on my dad and our family and all that's going on. As you know I haven't posted about it at all ...like we talked about the other day.

By the time you're my parents' ages, I will be about 96 years old myself if I'm still around. I will be there for you if you need me, but by that age I doubt I could be of much help. (Although...come to think of it, Bob's dad is 94 and he is still helpful to others! Amazing.)

You're right, time flies quickly and before you know it you're almost fifty, and much more.

I really miss the times our kids were little, even though there were HARD days. Enjoy it, it's a great time of life.

Spence Ohana said...

He will definitely be in my prayers. My Oma isn't doing as well these days too. It was hard saying goodbye to her on this trip. She turns 91 in a few weeks. I hope to see her again soon, and make those special memories you speak of.