Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Very Sad Accident

Let me begin by saying that everyone in our family is ok. Two nights ago we stayed at my mother in laws house in Fountain Valley. When Ryan left for work he took the Fastrak and at the end it turns into a carpool lane that you can drive in if you have a Fastrak. Well as he continued at about 75 MPH he almost hit a Caltrans truck in the carpool lane that was going approx 15 MPH. There was no cones or anything to warn him to get out of the lane prior and since the road curves he did not see the truck until the last minute. Well, yesterday afternoon when I went home taking the Fastrak myself I noticed that there was a fatal accident on the freeway and once I exited the Fastrak I took side streets home. We found out this morning that the person who died in the crash is the son of the pastor for the church we attend. He left behind a pregnant wife and a daughter. The reason this hits so close to home is not only because it was our pastors' son but because Ryan said that although he avoided hitting the truck he had a feeling someone might not. I am so thankful he is still here yet feel so bad for their family. At least they know that by the grace of God their son is now with him. It just goes to show you, you never know when this life is over. Every year his father does a very important event called the Harvest Crusade which draws people from all walks of life to know Christ. Lets hope he can have the strength at this time to still host the crusade as the draw for many people is Greg Laurie himself. My html link is not working but you can visit www.harvest.org for more info.

3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Oh wow, so was it Greg Laurie's son that passed? What a tragic accident! Thankful you guys are alright.

Chris said...

first off thank god Ry is ok, and second thank god Ry is ok!! OMG! and I am so terribly sorry to hear that story. I know there is suppose to be reasons and times for things like that hence the bible verse Ecclesiastes 3:1, but I will never understand it.
I like many others will pray for the family.

Matheson Family said...

We passed this sad accident on our way to OC and Ron just by looking at it from the other side had said someone died and told me exactly what looked like happened and I looked it up the next morning and he was right. I am sorry to hear it was someone you were aquainted with. I am glad to hear that Ryan is ok.