Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hannah's Halloween Costume



So since Hannah hates wearing all tutu's, costumes, etc I had to get crafty with her costume this year. She's very opinionated about what she wears now and if it's itchy she basically looks at me and says, "No, Mommy!". I decided a cat costume would be one that I could make both easily and comfortably. Since she doesn't like headbands I decided that she could not have the traditional cat ears and she would just rip them off. Knowing that she doesn't mind pigtails and barrettes I decided that I would make her cat ears out of barrettes. I then crafted her a cute marabou cat tail made with bendy wire so we could point it in all directions. She will be wearing black tights (which she generally doesn't mind) and a short sleeve leotard (no long sleeves b/c she's doesn't like!) and then include a lightweight sweater for the Trick or Treat part of the evening. I have the face paint and hopefully she will let me put a black nose and whiskers on her. In the case that she doesn't go for the leotard and tights combo I also have black leggings and a tee shirt for her. Lastly, I had to get the glitter spray for both of our hair! The street is having a Halloween gathering at 4 pm where each of us brings a game or craft and a snack to share. I will do cupcakes and a picture frame they can decorate. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like me . I HATED itchy clothes when I was a kid. Had to have all labels removed,etc.

She's such an opinionated 1 year old. I wonder where she got that from? Our family has never had opinionated folks in it.

For the record both of my kids were the same way, and so were you! "Easygoing" doesn't describe any children in our family.

Spence Ohana said...

Very creative Windy! Hannah will make such a cute kitty cat! I've been worried about James wanting to wear his cowboy hat - he's never liked wearing hats. But ever since we got his horse he likes to wear it now!