Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ma Porch Swang



So I don't really have a porch swang. Nor do I have a porch. My house is only 2 years old and for some reason they don't really make porches on new houses anymore. Probably because they think everyone is too busy anyway to want to take the time to meet their neighbors and hang out on a porch. Not me though, I have always said if I were to do it again I would buy a house with a porch. I think in other parts of the country porches are more common than in Cali. I have still met some great neighbors anyway, even without the porch swang. By the way, who already voted? I didn't know there were so many Clinton fans out there. I want to say thank you to all my loyal commentators. The past week has been a pretty fun one. Hannah is finally being able to communicate alot more and it really makes it easier on me since she has SOO much to say. Like mother, like daughter. We have had "Pigtail City" ever since I went to my neighbors house last week and attempted to do some pigtails on Hannah. Wherever we go people say how cute the little ponies are on her and personally, I love doing them. I hope she wants me to do them when she gets older too but if not I can always get my fix now. I was and still am a total girly girl and so I am having a great time having a daughter. From the looks of some of the pictures Ry is too.

3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Love the photos! She looks so much older with her piggy tails (older than James and she's 3 months younger! ;-). Keep doing her hair, everyday if you can - then she'll continue to be okay with it. I started doing Madeline's hair at Hannah's age. And to this day every morning we have our routine, she sits still for a good 10 minutes so I can do her hair.

BTW, we love house with front porches too! Our house in Oregon had one, and we had a great patio set. Our house now doesn't, but they are very common here in TX homes cause hanging out in front of your house with the neighbors is very common around here!

Stitcher S said...

The pictures are darling, and I love her pigtails. They do make her look a lot older.

I love porches too, and there's a house back in B's hometown that we've always admired. It has one of those huge wraparound porches.

Spenceohana brought up such a good point about hanging out on the porch with neighbors. We sure don't do that much here, do we? It's a whole different world than in other states.

Anonymous said...

I love the pigtails too! Sorry we won't be able to make it to the zoo tomorrow, but let's get together next week... we can come your way =)