Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 4, 2008

Pool Day




I had a really great time this week even though my poor teething baby has been cranky. I can actually see her 2 year molars popping through in the back! She so ahead of her time. This week we were very busy just getting everything straightened out post-Easter holiday and gearing up for our LONG, HOT, summer. We had beautiful weather today in the 70's and decided to take Hannah and her friend Lexi to the pool. Hannah is what you would call "slow to warm up". She definitely gets that from her Dad, which I am happy about since I sort of just jump in head first without thinking things through sometimes. When we first got to the pool she would lift her legs up when I dipped them in. After about 20 minutes she wanted to climb in and out herself - she didn't want any help. Well, I was in my pants and was totally terrified she would drown in the 1 1/2 ft deep water. Luckily, in June, Hannah will be starting her swim school and hopefully I can go from completely paranoid to just plain cautious when she is around water. I have always loved swimming and the beach and so does Ry so I hope she takes to it like we both did since it will make for some nice summer days. Here are some pics of the girls playing around.

3 comments:

Stitcher S said...

You're right when you say LONG and HOT! There's nothing like this neck of the woods in the summer, is there?
It looks like the girls had a lot of fun.

Spence Ohana said...

Oh you are totally normal for being paranoid. Glad she took to the water though. Madeline hates getting her face wet. She'll be taking her first swim lessons without me in the pool this summer! I'm still deciding if I want to take a mommy and me class with James though.

Matheson Family said...

AJ had NO fear of water and it's scary. I can't for the warm days and lots of pools time.